Causes for Discoloration or Dark Circles It is due to a combination of thin skin, the color of blood in veins running through the skin and the occasional leakage of blood pigment into the thin, fragile skin directly beneath the eyes. When you see a person with pale skin caused by illness or exhaustion, the circles become even more obvious due to contrasting skin tones.
- Free radical damage from sun exposure
- Seasonal allergies may darken the area. Fluid accumulation stretches the skin, making it more translucent.
- Pregnancy may cause the pigment to be deposited under the eyes. This disappears after delivery
- Makeup application causes squinting, which creates more abuse to the area
- Poor sleep cycles
- Repeated friction such as pulling on the skin to insert contact lenses.
Repeated friction can also cause hyper-pigmentation. Dry eyes and the rubbing factor are also conducive to this problem.
- To lighten and eliminate discoloration and dark circles under the eyes
- To condition and improve the appearance of skin that does not heal well or bruises easily
- To nourish the surrounding tissue and fight free radical damage
- Excellent for pre- and post-operative treatment ? Unique delivery system combining Emu Oil, Vitamin E and Arnica 2%.
- Deep penetrating
- High levels of Arnica Montana. Known for its calming, soothing, hyper-anemic healing and anti-phlogistic properties. It also activates blood flow to the skin
- Emu Oil has tremendous moisturizing capabilities. It is also a transport of bioactive elements into the skin and appears to accelerate the body’s ability to heal itself. It is listed by the Australian TGR (Therapeutic Goods Register), a government agency similar to our FDA, as an active ingredient and an active substance
- Emu Oil contains Oleic and Linolenic essential fatty acids to nourish the skin. Gamma-Linolenic Acid, an essential fatty acid, enhances the skin’s barrier protective system.
- Vitamin E (USP) is a well-known healing agent and antioxidant. This also creates a synergistic effect between Arnica Montana and Emu Oil
- Helps to heal existing damage and protect the skin from further damage
- Superior, elegant emollient with excellent stability
- Grease-less. Non-toxic. Fragrance-free
- Great for people who have:
*Blepharoplasty (eyelid tuck)
*Rhinoplasty (nasal reconstruction)
*Sclerotherapy (spider veins, facial)
*Tumescent Liposuction (fat removal)
*Telangiectasis (dilation of capillaries) o Varicose tissue (broken capillaries) o Diabetes
- Apply a thin and even layer, the size of a small pea for each eye that covers the affected area.
- Do not use on broken or abraded skin.
- If using a skin bleaching agent or lightener, discontinue the lightener.
Do not resume usage of the lightener for at least 14 days following complete healing.
- After application during the day, apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen.
- Dark Circles: Apply around the peri-orbital socket. Use in lieu of a moisturizer or an eye crme. Allow drying. Apply sunscreen, apply makeup.
- Cosmetic Surgery: Use pre- and post-operative under the direction of a physician. Do not apply directly to sutures.
- Prophylactic and Pre-Op: Use twice daily to help condition the skin. Use the crme at least two weeks prior to a procedure or activity to minimize and prevent further bruising.
- Post-operative: An excellent vehicle to treat common bruising following surgery. Use twice daily. You may use this in conjunction with our E2 Serum for its anti-inflammatory benefits and reduction of scar tissue.
- For topical use only. Avoid direct contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Keep away from small children.
- If irritation develops, discontinue use ? Store at room temperature. Do not expose to excessive heat.